Auto Insurance in Bethpage, NY & Levittown, NY
Auto Insurance Information
Purchasing a car can be exciting, but it also comes with a lot of responsibility. Before taking your car out on the road for a drive, you may be required by your state to have car insurance and if not you should consider getting insurance. Having auto insurance coverage can keep you financially safe from high out-of-pocket expenses resulting from unpredictable accidents. Selecting a policy can be difficult, which is why the agents at James V. Funaro Agency are here to guide you through the process.
How Auto Insurance Works
Auto insurance is a form of financial protection from your insurance provider in exchange for an insurance premium. Following an approved insurance claim, you will be given a certain amount of financial assistance to help cover accident-related costs following accidents that result in severe injuries or property damage.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Car insurance needs may differ among policyholders, but standard coverage tends to include:
- Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover third-party costs that result from injury or death.
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to a third-party’s property that can include their vehicle or fences, poles or building
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fire, and theft to name a few.
- Medical coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance helps insure you against damage caused by a third-party who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
In New York, car owners are required to carry minimum amounts of liability, personal injury protection (PIP) and uninsured motorist coverage. However, it’s important not just to have the minimum amounts of coverage so you can be financially prepared for unforeseen accidents. James V. Funaro Agency can help you learn about the right auto insurance coverages.
Reach Out Today
If you are a car owner near Bethpage, NY, the experienced agents at James V. Funaro Agency can help you learn more about car insurance for you and your car.
Reach out to our agency today at 516-204-7223 to request a quote.