Classic Car Insurance in Bethpage NY & Levittown, NY
Classic car insurance, also called antique auto insurance, is essential to protect your antique or collector’s item. This specialized type of auto insurance is designed for qualifying vehicles, offering coverage tailored to their unique needs.
What Qualifies a Car for Classic Car Insurance?
A vehicle is typically considered a classic if it is more than 10 years old and has historical interest. But remember that different insurers may have their own criteria for recognizing a vehicle as a classic, encompassing factors such as how it’s used and stored.
At James V. Funaro Agency, our antique auto insurance coverage includes the following types of vehicles:
- Antique and classic cars
- Postwar vehicles
- Muscle cars
- Classic trucks and utility vehicles
- Vintage motorcycles and scooters
- Modified vehicles (e.g., hot rods, tuners and lowriders)
- Antique tractors
- Vintage race cars
- Classic military vehicles
- Kits and replicas
- Retired commercial vehicles
- Vehicles under construction
How Much Is Classic Car Insurance in New York?
Classic car insurance typically costs less than standard auto insurance because owners usually drive them less and keep them well-maintained. However, costs are calculated similarly to standard auto insurance. The following are several factors insurance providers use to determine the cost of antique auto insurance premiums:
- The vehicle’s age
- The vehicle’s make and model
- Annual mileage
- Storage location
- Your claims history
- The vehicle’s market value
Insurance providers may also offer discounts for the following:
- Bundling policies
- Insuring more than one classic vehicle
- Having a clean driving record
- Installing an anti-theft device
- Completing a defensive driving class
How to Get Classic Car Insurance
Contact James V. Funaro Agency to discuss your antique auto insurance needs. Our insurance professionals will be able to find the right coverage options for your needs to help keep you financially protected and give you peace of mind.