Motorcycle Insurance in Bethpage, NY & Levittown, NY
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Acquiring the right insurance policy is essential for all drivers. If you’re a motorcycle owner, motorcycle insurance can limit your out-of-pocket costs following a covered incident.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Policies vary but typically include some of the following coverage options:
- Liability coverage helps insure against bodily injury and property damage you may cause to others if you are in an accident.
- Collision coverage helps insure against damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident or collision with an object (e.g., car, fence or light pole).
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay for damage caused by events other than collisions, possibly including fire, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps pay for damage to you, your passengers and your property if you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Coverage for custom motorcycle parts helps pay for additional or optional equipment on your motorcycle if you decide to customize it.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) assists in covering accident-related expenses, such as medical bills or funeral expenses, regardless of who is at fault.
Contact James V. Funaro Agency to learn how to customize the coverage options included in your motorcycle policy.
What Kind of Insurance Is Required for a Motorcycle?
New York law states that all drivers must carry liability coverage, uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection (PIP). However, accidents not covered under the required coverage options can occur. Carrying sufficient insurance may provide you with excellent financial protection against unforeseen incidents.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Paid Monthly or Yearly?
Standard motorcycle policies allow the policyholder to pay monthly or annual insurance premiums. However, paying an annual premium is often less expensive than paying monthly premiums.
If you are a motorcycle owner near Bethpage, NY, the dedicated agents at James V. Funaro Agency can assist you in learning about motorcycle insurance and help you select the right policy for your unique situation.
Contact us today at 516-204-7223 to request a policy quote.